The Columbus Blue Jackets (25-5-4) and Minnesota Wild (23-8-4) will face off at the Xcel Energy Center tomorrow evening with the puck drop scheduled for shortly after 6:00 PM ET.
Here’s what you need to know about this hot matchup:
- Both clubs are streaking. The Blue Jackets are winners of their last 14 games and the Wild aren’t far behind, winning 12 in a row.
- The game will likely feature Devan Dubnyk and Sergei Bobrovsky, who are the top-two goaltenders in the National Hockey League in goals against average.
- Minnesota has played 16 games at home, the same number Columbus has played on the road. However, the Wild have a slight edge with 26 points at home to 25 points for the Jackets on the road.
- Offensively, the Wild and the Jackets rank in the top four in the goals-per-game category.
- Although each team scores plenty of goals, they do so with a full-team effort. No player on either team has a player in the top eight for goals or points scored this season.
- Wild defenseman Ryan Suter has the best plus-minus rating in the league at plus- 25.
The Blue Jackets game will coincide with the kickoff between the Ohio State Buckeyes and Clemson Tigers in the Playstation Fiesta Bowl later in the evening. Which game should you watch or should you watch both? The choice is yours.