The Columbus Blue Jackets (29-8-4) will head south to face the Florida Panthers (19-17-8) with the puck drop scheduled for shortly after 7:00 PM ET.
Here are seven things you should know before the game begins:
- The Florida Panthers are 27th in the National Hockey League, averaging 2.3 goals per game.
- The Panthers have struggled mightily on offense recently at home. They’ve gone 1-3-1 in their last five games at the BB&T Center and only scored 1.4 GPG over that stretch.
- The Blue Jackets have been a force away from home this season, with a road record of 13-4-3.
- Josh Anderson is looking to score a goal in three consecutive games for the first time in his NHL career. Keep an eye on the 22-year old right winger for the Blue Jackets.
- After a combined record of 23-2-3 in November and December, Columbus is only 3-3-0 in January.
- Jaromir Jagr is still making a big impact for the Florida Panthers. The 44-year-old has 26 points this year and scored a goal in their previous matchup with the Jackets on November 26th.
- Joonas Korpisalo is expected to get the start in net again for the CBJ just one night after holding the Tampa Bay Lightning to one goal on 32 shots. It will be the first time this season he’s started back-to-back games, including his time with the Cleveland Monsters.
The Blue Jackets will look to build off their victory last night and grab another two points this evening in Sunrise, Florida. A win tonight would mark the first time the team’s won consecutive games in 2017 and could perhaps be the start of another extended winning streak.