Here are six things you should know before the puck drops:
- The Jackets and Sabres are trending in opposite directions right now. Columbus has won their last three games and Buffalo comes into tonight with five consecutive losses.
- Goaltender Sergei Bobrovsky has been on fire for the CBJ. In his last three games, Bobrovsky has saved 96 of the 98 shots he’s faced—including multiple highlight-reel stops in the process.
- In their lone meeting this season, the Blue Jackets defeated the Sabres at Nationwide Arena by a final score of 5-1. At one point in the game, Columbus scored three goals in a span of only 2:59.
- Buffalo is last in the National Hockey League, only averaging 2.3 goals per game and have scored only one regulation goal in four of their five previous games.
- The previous time these two teams met in Buffalo was last March. The Jackets blew a 3-0 lead in a wild game in which the Sabres came back to win by a final score of 5-3.
- The CBJ still have the last-ranked power play in the NHL, but were able to end a six-game scoreless streak on the man advantage with a power-play goal from Artemi Panarin on Friday night. Columbus will continue their quest to get out of the power-play gutter (if you will) tonight against the Sabres.